Volume Enhancement and Liquid Facelifts - Restoring the Appearance of Youth
The combination of aging and stress leaves its mark on the face with lines, wrinkles, and discoloration. Add in sun damage, and you may look older than you are or feel. Traditionally, many cosmetic surgeons have encouraged patients to have facelifts as a way to treat what they perceived to be sagging skin in and around your face.
Over the last 10-15 years, plastic surgeons have determined that a major factor in facial aging for many people is loss of facial volume rather than sagging skin. Consequently, your surgeon is now more likely to recommend injecting volume fillers into hollow areas to restore volume and a more youthful appearance to your face. Your surgeon may recommend volume fillers alone or in conjunction a facelift or other facial rejuvenation procedure.
Now that volume enhancement is coming into vogue, some plastic surgeons have started to use the term “liquid facelift.” In addition to the use of fillers alone to add volume and hence created a fuller more youthful appearance, Dr. Hartog has developed a facelift procedure that combines the best of both worlds, combining short scar and more limited surgical facelift procedures, with volume enhancement using fillers or fat grafting.
The procedure known as the VALULIFT, or Volume Added Limited Undermining facelift, provides a combination of the advantages of a facelift with the advantages of volume enhancement for better results with the least invasive approach.
As a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, as well as a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dr. Hartog has a unique understanding of the contribution of facial soft tissue and bone structure both in creating an attractive and more youthful appearance for you. In 1994, Dr. Hartog was trained in the Coleman technique of Lipostructure or fat injection to the face to create a more youthful appearance, and he has since utilized numerous other materials, including Sculptra®, Radiesse®, Juvéderm® as well as facial implants to create a more balanced, and youthful appearance.
As one of the first plastic surgeons to incorporate Botox ® into the treatment of facial wrinkles, Dr. Hartog was one of the initial members of the National Education Foundation (NEF) formed by Allergan the manufacturer of Botox® and Juvéderm®. He has been a consultant for Allergan since 1996 and is one of the highest volume Botox® and Juvéderm® injectors in Central Florida. He has also been a consultant to the makers of Sculptra® which is the ideal volume filler particularly to restore the volume to the entire face.
Dr. Hartog can restore facial volume and fill, smooth, lift, plump and recontour the areas of your face that keep you looking old and tired with a liquid facelift using a combination of non-invasive injectable dermal fillers. Volume enhancement can create a gentle lift of facial structures and reduce or improve:
- Aging around your eyes and temples, including hollowness, crow’s feet and wrinkles in your upper and lower eyelids – fillers can restore a more youthful orbital volume, help raise the eyebrow, and improve the appearance of your lower eyelid bags and may be used in conjunction with traditional eyelid surgery for best results
- Hollow cheeks
- Marionette lines extending down and away from the mouth
- Nasolabial folds and parentheses lines near your mouth and nose
- Your jowl, chin and jawline areas, and of course, your lips
Some of the procedures used at the Bougainvillea Clinique as part of our liquid facelift include:
- BOTOX® – By relaxing the muscles with BOTOX® injections, your frown lines will vanish for several months at a time
- Sculptra® – A dermal filler used predominantly in the deeper tissues to add volume and improve deeper folds. Sculptra® works by stimulating your own tissues to make more collagen.
- Radiesse® – Similar to Sculptra®, this dermal filler made of hydroxyapatite, similar to the crystals in your bone, is placed deeper in the tissues, to add volume, soften folds and add projection in areas like the chin and cheekbones
- Juvéderm®, Restylane® and Prevelle Silk® – Hyaluronic Acid fillers are used for lip enhancement, fine lines and wrinkles, to soften folds and subtle volume enhancement
- Obagi Nu-Derm System - A line of products that will help to restore your skin to its youthful appearance
Bottom line: If you don’t want to spend weeks recovering from facelift surgery, you should investigate the use of dermal fillers and other volume enhancement techniques to make you appear years younger with little or no downtime!
If you are in Central Florida including the Orlando, and Winter Park, Florida area, and are interested in finding out more about how a custom-tailored procedure to restore facial volume can improve your appearance, please contact the Bougainvillea Clinique today for a liquid facelift consultation.
To receive updates on the latest cosmetic surgery procedures and our other services and to find out about the cost of procedures, please sign-up for our newsletter.