The tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) procedure can give you the figure you’ve been unable to achieve through diet and exercise. This plastic surgery provides many benefits, but to be a candidate for a tummy tuck, you’ll need to meet several criteria and be psychologically ready to undergo invasive surgery. The best candidates for tummy tucks typically include women who’ve had children or individuals who have lost a significant amount of weight and struggle with excess loose skin.
The ideal candidate for a tummy tuck has:
- An overall healthy body.
- Never been a smoker or is willing to quit for several weeks before and after the procedure.
- The right reasons to undergo plastic surgery.
- Worked hard to look their best through diet and exercise, but has lax skin and loose muscles in the abdomen.
- Committed to living a healthy lifestyle.
- Realistic expectations on what a tummy tuck can achieve.
- Reached their goal weight or is close to it.
Many patients speculate that a tummy tuck is the same as or similar to liposuction, but that’s far from the case. Liposuction is a standalone procedure which uses a cannula to suction out unwanted fat, whereas a tummy tuck involves removing excess skin and tightening muscles in the abdomen. These procedures can be done in conjunction to provide optimal body contouring.
If you’re wondering if you qualify for this procedure, schedule your tummy tuck consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon in Winter Park today at (866) 985-4741. The Bougainvillea Clinique offers cosmetic surgery and medical day spa services to clients in Central Florida including Orlando and Winter Park.