Cosmetic enhancements are becoming more popular among men. While most plastic surgery patients are still female, a higher percentage of male procedures are performed each year. One of the common cosmetic surgeries for both men and women is liposuction. Liposuction can treat nearly any area of the body including double chins and “love handles.” However, unwanted fat isn’t the only aesthetic issue facing men in the U.S.
Plastic Surgeries for Men in 2016
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the top requested cosmetic procedures for men in 2016 were:
- Eyelid rejuvenation (blepharoplasty): The eyes are one of the first areas of your face that begin to show your age. Eyelid surgery can get rid of under eye bags and drooping eyelids that may interfere with vision.
- Neck lift: A neck lift can eliminate “turkey neck” and involves tightening the midsection of your neck up to the area behind your ears. Our plastic surgeon also offers non-surgical alternatives such as Kybella and ThermiRF.
- Nose surgery (rhinoplasty): This procedure is popular among men and women. Rhinoplasties are performed for both functional reasons such as a deviated septum and cosmetic reasons such as a nose that is asymmetric, crooked, too wide or too large.
- Chin augmentation: Many men wish for a stronger chin and jawline. Chin augmentation offers more definition and can be combined with nose surgery or a facelift for optimal results.
- Male breast reduction for gynecomastia: Male breast enlargement (gynecomastia) can be painful but also embarrassing. A breast reduction can restore a masculine chest and eliminate discomfort caused by the condition.
If you’re interested in cosmetic surgery, please contact our plastic surgeon in Winter Park today at (866) 985-4741 to schedule your consultation. The Bougainvillea Clinique Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Day Spa proudly serves clients in Central Florida including Orlando and Winter Park.