Before undergoing any form of surgery, it’s important to know what to expect before, during and after your procedure. There are many details involved in breast augmentation, and you have more options available to you than you may realize. Women choose to have breast augmentation for numerous reasons such as to correct uneven breasts, rejuvenate breasts after having children or to simply increase size and shape.
If you’re considering breast augmentation, ask your plastic surgeon these questions and any others you may have:
- Are You Board-Certified? The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) requires physicians to continue their education and meet high standards to attain and maintain board certification. Our plastic surgeon, Dr. Hartog, is dual certified through the ASPS for Plastic Surgery and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Do You Specialize in Breast Surgery? Plastic surgeons typically offer a variety of procedures for the entire body, but many focus on specific areas. Dr. Hartog specializes in breast augmentation and corrective breast surgery and has performed more than 4,000 breast procedures.
- What are My Breast Augmentation Options? Saline and silicone implants are popular choices for breast augmentation, but breast implants combined with fat transfer, known as composite breast augmentation, can give you the best of both worlds and increase your cleavage area. You can discuss your breast augmentation options with Dr. Hartog during your initial consultation.
- What is the Best Breast Size for Me? The best size of breasts for you heavily depends on your aesthetic goals. You can try the rice test to help you determine the breast size that is comfortable and gives you the fullness you’re looking for. At the Bougainvillea Clinique, we offer state-of-the-art Vectra 3-D computer imaging to help you visualize your before and after appearance with a whole range of implant sizes
- Which Incision Site Do You Recommend? There are three incision options for breast augmentation. Incision sites are underneath your breasts, in your armpits or along the edge of your nipples. Our plastic surgeon even offers scar-less breast augmentation with fat transfer.
- What Should I Expect During Recovery? The recovery process varies depending on the invasiveness of the procedure and whether you choose to have implants or fat transfer. Many women return to work after one week, but some may require two weeks of recovery time.
If you’re interested in breast augmentation, please contact Dr. Hartog in Winter Park today at (866) 985-4741 to schedule your consultation. The Bougainvillea Clinique provides cosmetic surgery and medical spa services to clients in Winter Park, Orlando and surrounding Central Florida areas.