October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, you are likely looking beyond the pink ribbons this month to understand your options for treatment and recovery.
At the Bougainvillea Clinique, we know how difficult the process can be. Our own Michelle Hartog, R.N., is a breast cancer survivor, who has undergone complete breast reconstruction with fat grafting. She is passionate about helping our patients through the cancer recovery and reconstruction process.
Dr. Jeffrey Hartog offers patients a natural breast reconstruction technique using fat harvested from their own bodies instead of implants. The benefits of the fat grafting method include:
- Scarless results because the procedure is performed with only small needles for fat injection
- Nearly normal sensation in the restored breast
- Significantly reduced complication rate compared with implant reconstructions
- Natural look and feel with no foreign implants inside your body
- Shorter recovery time for this outpatient procedure
- Added benefit of body contouring since liposuction is used to harvest fat from unwanted areas of your body
To learn more about breast reconstruction with fat grafting and decide whether it is the right choice for you, call the Bougainvillea Clinique today at (866) 985-4741 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Jeffrey Hartog. We welcome patients from throughout the Winter Park and Orlando, Florida region.